The effective altruism (EA) community is “a global community of people who care deeply about the world, make benefiting others a significant part of their lives, and use evidence and reason to figure out how best to do so”
- Principles form the basis of our culture and community.
- Currently, these are the principles: commitment to others, scientific mindset, openness, integrity, collaborative spirit.
- The mission of our community is to bring to life these principles, more deeply and widely.
- Through pursuing our mission, we grow the EA movement, network, and community.
When we say we want to benefit others, we mean every sentient being. To do that well, we need a global community that’s more representative of the wider population and can offer a diversity of perspectives and worldviews.
- Previous EATO group planning meetings in this document show past ideas & strategy
- EA core ideas are on effectivealtruism.org, EA’s contributions to wider knowledge
- EATO Retrospective Report 2018: bit.ly/EATOreport2018
- Application for Renewal of Funding with CEA, approved for Colin until March 2020: